Dry-free PET supercritical carbon dioxide foaming line
● In April 2019, “Dry-free PET reactive extrusion foaming integrated molding technology” passed the expert identification organized by China Light Industry Assication.
● The appraisal committee is composed of professors and industry experts from key national universities such as Tsinghua University, Fudan University and Zhejiang University. The director is Academician Qu Jinping of Chinese Academy of Engineering.
● The PET continuous extrusion foaming integrated process technology is innovative and advanced. The overall technology of the project has reached the international advanced level, and some technologies have reached the international advanced level.
Compared with other types of foam plastics, PET foam materials have their unique advantages:
1. PET foam has good dimensional stability, good sound insulation and heat insulation properties. Its short-time maximum working temperature can reach 200℃, and it can be used for a long time at 120℃, which is much higher than polyethylene (PE), polypropylene (PP), polystyrene (PS), polyurethane (PU), and vinyl chloride (PVC).
2. PET foam has excellent mechanical properties and fatigue resistance, better than PS, PU foam and glass foam.
3. PET foam has excellent FST (flame retardant, low smoke, non-toxic) performance.
4. PET foam has excellent wear resistance and surface blocking properties, and has good barrier properties to water vapor, oxygen (O2) and carbon dioxide (CO2).
5. The thermal expansion coefficient of PET foam is close to that of concrete and steel, and its thermal expansion performance is comparable to glass foam.
6. The water absorption of PET foam is lower than that of PS and PU foam.
7. PET can be recycled and reused and has little impact on the environment. Waste PET plastic is an important source of raw materials for the PET foaming process, and has greater advantages in terms of economic costs and environmental protection.
Co-rotating twin screw extruder + ultra-high vacuum unit + inert gas filler → Melt pump → Single screw extruder