Compared with various foamed plastics, polypropylene foamed materials have many advantages:
● The properties of polypropylene (PP) foam materials are highly controllable. From high-rigidity boards to soft foamed films, PP can be used.
● The glass transition temperature of polypropylene is lower than room temperature. It has good impact resistance, and is very easy to be recycled.
● Polypropylene has a high heat distortion temperature and can be used in some high temperature fields. Foamed polypropylene can usually withstand high temperatures of 130°C.
● Good low-temperature properties. Polypropylene foamed products show good performance even at -30°C.
● Energy absorption: PP foam products have good energy absorption characteristics, and have excellent compression and energy absorption properties. It is widely used in automobile bumper energy processing systems and other anti-collision energy-absorbing parts. PP foamed products will quickly recover to their original shape after being repeatedly impacted and flexed and deformed without permanent deformation.
● Light weight and reusable: The density of PP foam products can reach a very low level, so the weight can be greatly reduced. At the same time, PP foam products are flexible, can be used repeatedly, and are not easily broken. They are easy to be recycled , reused and decomposed. The product does not contain toxic and harmful ingredients, and does not produce toxic substances when burned.
● Good surface protection and sound insulation performance: PP foam products can have moderate hardness and flexibility, will not scratch or bump the objects in contact with them, and have good surface protection.
Since 2006, the research on polypropylene foaming technology has been carried out, and in cooperation with related companies, the domestic leading polypropylene micro-foam continuous extrusion pilot production line has been successfully built. On this basis, a series of polypropylene foam has been gradually developed.
1.Production technology of polypropylene low-foam composite sheet
The foaming ratio is 2-4 times, mainly used in the fields of luggage, stationery, car interiors, etc., with high rigidity and mechanical properties.
Low foaming composite sheet extrusion die head
Cell structure prepared on site
Polypropylene low-foam composite sheet production unit
2.Production technology of polypropylene high foamed sheet
The foaming ratio is 5-15 times. It is mainly used in automobile sound insulation interior decoration, disposable tableware, sound insulation and heat insulation materials and cushioning materials, etc. It has good cushioning and sound insulation performance.
Polypropylene high foam sheet production site
3.Production technology of polypropylene open-cell foam material
The foaming ratio is 8-15 times, mainly used in various VOC adsorption filtration, rapid water absorption and filtration and other fields.
Production site of polypropylene open-cell foamed beads
Microstructure of open-cell beads
4.Production technology of polypropylene closed-cell foamed beads
The foaming ratio is 12-30 times, which is mainly used in various fields such as buffering, energy absorption, sound insulation and noise reduction, and functional packaging.
Production site and products of polypropylene closed-cell foamed beads
Microstructure of closed cells
5.Production technology of polypropylene foamed rattan
The foaming ratio is 2-5 times. It is mainly used in the application fields of various rattan and wood-like products. It has the advantages of non-toxic and environmental protection, high temperature disinfection and washing, no mold, corrosion resistance and antibacterial.
Polypropylene foamed rattan production site
Imitated rattan woven products
Microstructure of polypropylene rattan foaming material